iSim Personal Edition (iSim:PE) is a powerful offline schematic capture and circuit simulation tool for Intersil power management and op amp devices. Based on the SIMPLIS/SIMetrics simulation platform, iSim:PE essentially runs two user-selectable and highly complementary simulators: SIMPLIS for power management parts and SIMetrix for op amps.
- SIMPLIS is a leading simulation engine for rapid modeling of highly non-linear systems such as switching power supplies. It uses piecewise linear analysis techniques to model non-linearity, enabling 10-50x faster simulation than SPICE.
- SIMetrix is a general analog and mixed-signal simulator that includes a powerful SPICE simulator, a full-featured schematic editor and waveform viewer.
- iSim:PE 8.0 requires Windows 7 Home Premium/Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate - 32 bit editions
- Functionality with newer versions of Windows is not guaranteed, but there are no known issues at this time.
- iSim:PE will not install or run on Windows 95, 98 or ME